I keep getting asked by surfers what coming to Dawn Patrol would be like for them, what classes to take or if I offer private sessions to help them with their injuries and to get them started, so this is for you guys, here is a road map.
For the surfer with no injuries:
1. If you have no injuries and you are just wanting to focus on flexibility and maybe the basics of yoga, you can see in our schedule we offer multiple days of slow flow and restorative classes. These would be great on your days off of surfing or maybe after a long day of surfing as well.
2. If you are wanting to focus more on strength and flexibility, maybe you want something more challenging, you can check out our vinyasa classes and power flow classes.
For the surfer with injuries:
- Set up private sessions with Brandon, the road map for this will be written later in this article.
- You can take our restore classes, slow flow, foundations or yoga for beginners and our 55+ class. Suzanne teacher’s our 55+ classes and is amazing with working with people who have had hip replacements which many of you older surfers have had.
Working 1 on 1 with Brandon to work on your injuries.
- Must get written approval from your Dr. and email it to me at [email protected]
- We will do an in person consultation and assessment .
- After the assessment we will schedule out your sessions. Private sessions are $100 and we do not take insurance.
- Each session will start with movement and mobility of the injured area.
- Yoga poses and movements will be repeated and progressed over time as your strength and movement increases and your body allows.
- As you progress and feel confident, you may be moved into normal group classes in order to maintain your progress and keep yoga and movement a part of your daily lifestyle